FROM SEATTLE TO ORLANDO, NEW ORLEANS, EUROPE & BEYOND
CRUISE SHIPS - THEME PARKS - EVENTS
Jon Persson began a while back as one of Seattle's most versatile musicians, specializing in three different instruments. He then began traveling all over North America and Europe, and eventually traversing the High Seas.
A Variety of Venues:
CRUISE SHIPS: He has appeared aboard nearly 40 ships, on a dozen top-tier cruise lines, traveling to over 100 countries. Whether as a cabaret performer or a classical artist, as soloist or in ensembles, he has entertained North American, British, Argentinian, Brazilian, Japanese, and Chinese audiences, just to name a few.
THEME PARKS: Jon Persson was a featured performer for 4 years at Walt Disney World / EPCOT. He also appeared with classically trained opera singers performing at Universal Studios Portofino Italian Hotel / Mama Della's Ristorante, and playing solo accordion at the the Italian-themed restaurant at Disney Springs, Maria & Enzo's Ristorante.
EVENTS: Family-friendly, age-appropriate entertainment can be difficult to find nowadays, as most entertainment is aimed exclusively for audiences 15-40 years old. Jon Persson has given a lot of consideration into providing suitable entertainment for audiences of all ages. In doing so, he divides his time between being a soloist, and in appearing in a variety of different ensembles. The groups often feature virtuoso classical musicians and opera singers; Broadway vocalists; Russian, Gypsy, Scandinavian, or other international folkloric music/dance ensembles, providing musical entertainment for many types of events. such as: community concerts, classical concerts, seniors' programs, festivals, wine tastings, art galleries, wedding receptions, funerals, birthday & anniversary celebrations, conventions, 5-star hotels, restaurant fine-dining, and more.
One Man, Three Instruments:
- no explanation needed, is there?
TWO different types of ACCORDION
- (a) one with a piano keyboard, known as the "piano-accordion", and
- (b) the other with a European button-system keyboard, known as the "chromatic system accordion". The Russian version of this is called the "bayan". Playing all of them equally well, he is able to incorporate each or all of them into any situation, suitable for that special occasion, with styles ranging from jazz to classical to international ethnic genres.
- SEABOURN CRUISE LINE - Pride - WORLD'S MOST HIGHLY RATED SMALL CRUISE SHIP by Conde Nast - (2 contracts)
- CUNARD LINE - M/S Sagafjord - WORLD'S MOST HIGHLY RATED LARGE CRUISE SHIP, 5+ STARS - (2 contracts) (World Cruise)
- NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE (NCL) - S/S Norway - WORLD'S MOST HIGHLY RATED LARGE CRUISE SHIP - (Previously S/S France) - (2 contracts), Dreamward (aka Norwegian Dream)
- PRINCESS CRUISES - Enchanted Princess, Regal I & II, Grand, Ocean I & II, Royal I (World Cruise) & II, Golden, Island II, Dawn, Diamond, Caribbean, Crown II, Sun (all-Japanese World Cruise), Emerald, Star, Coral, Pacific II, Sea, Ruby, Sapphire - (Multiple contracts on several ships)
- ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL - Vision of the Seas - (2 contracts), Enchantment of the Seas
- HOLLAND AMERICA LINE - Statendam IV, Rotterdam V, Statendam V
- CELEBRITY CRUISES - Millennium
- COSTA CRUISES - Eugenio Costa
- JAPAN CRUISE LINE - Pacific Venus - (all-Japanese World Cruise)
- AMERICAN WEST RIVER CRUISES - Queen of the West
- IVARAN LINE - Americana - (2 contracts)
- MAJESTY CRUISE LINE - Royal Majesty
- SCOTIA CRUISES - Scotia Prince
- "The January Book" by Scott Warrender - Issaquah Village Theatre, Seattle, Washington
- "The Polish Diva From Milwaukee" by Terry Palasz - Crepe de Paris Cabaret, Seattle, Washington
- "The Three-Penny Opera" by Kurt Weill and Bertholt Brecht - The Skid Road Show, Seattle, Washington
- "Irma LaDouce" by Billy Wilder (Marguerite Monnot and Alexandre Breffort) - Driftwood Theatre, Seattle, Washington